Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dallas Days

An update on life.
Well, I have been married for a month now. I've been living in Dallas for about three weeks and I now know about a 1/4 mile circumference around my apartment. I'm proud of myself for that! We are living in a huge apartment complex that has so many twists and turns that I get lost within the complex at least once a week. Not even kidding! We live pretty close to downtown, so all of the streets surrounding us are pretty busy. We were really blessed and fell in love with a church only 7 or 8 minutes from our apartment. The problem is I still can't find my way around- GPS and all! Derek and I go to church first service, then he works with 5th graders the second service. I haven't had the chance to get involved yet, so I have to drive home after first service and then come back and pick him up after second service. I pushed the "go home" button on my GPS and tried to follow it, but how do you keep right when there are several rights? And how is it possible to have an East Northwest Highway?
Anyway, I miss the comfort of Little Rock and Northwest Arkansas, but I think being married is the greatest thing. This past month has been the happiest few weeks of my life. I wouldn't change them for the world! That's the basic update! I will write more later. I have to go make some chocolate chip waffles. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you and Derek going into the unknown. I understand the fear and anticipation involved in going to a new place. Praying and and reading along with you. Always, LOVE (Conly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are like me...but I panic when I get lost lol. Starting new is always exciting and I'm so glad you guys are so happy!

    ReplyDelete